One doesn’t have to be an HVAC expert to recognize when something isn’t working correctly. Knowing the most common problems with air conditioners can go a long way toward averting malfunctions.
The Following are the Major AC Issues that you can Identify as a Homeowner Too:
- Ductwork Leaks: If your ductwork leaks, it could damage the performance of your air conditioner. Because the holes suck up dirt and other pollutants, leaking ducts can impact air quality.
- Electric Control Failure: If you turn your AC on and off frequently, the compressor and fan will eventually wear out. The compressor may not turn on if the connection is disrupted due to corrosion wires or terminals.
- Water Leak (indoors): Algae or fungi can cause water leaks from an air conditioner. Because of the fungus, the system’s condensate drain becomes clogged. Another reason for this AC problem could be that the pump has entirely failed and has to be replaced during AC repair in Pearson, AR.
- Water Leak (Outdoors): You may notice a puddle of water under your air conditioner on hot summer days. This could be a broken condensate pan, clogged air filter, a faulty AC seal, poor installation, or wear and tear.
- Noises from the AC: Different noises indicate different AC problems; for example, a grinding sound indicates a compressor or motor failure. You can take professional help like an AC specialist in Pearson AR.
- Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping: There are several reasons why your circuit breaker keeps tripping. Examples are power surges, dirty filters or coils, low refrigerant levels, and circuit breaker failure.
- Frozen Evaporator Coil: Dirt on the coils slows airflow, preventing warm air from reaching the refrigerant. The coil becomes encrusted in ice over time, which prevents the refrigerant from absorbing latent heat.
- Failure of a Capacitor: AC specialists in Pearson AR say that a capacitor is vital for your air conditioning system. The capacitor can overheat when your air conditioner works hard in the summer heat.
- Faulty Thermostats: One of the most prevalent problems with air conditioners is defective thermostats.
- AC Refrigerant Leak: The refrigerant in your AC is responsible for cooling your home’s air. A refrigerant leak might affect the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Dirty AC Filter: An air conditioner filter is necessary for keeping the airflow clean. A clogged air filter reduces the performance of your air conditioning system.
- AC Fan Failure: The outer unit of an air conditioner uses a fan to transfer heat from inside to outside. Proper heat transfer is not possible if the fan outside the home is not functioning correctly. As a result, the compressor in the air conditioner could overheat or trip the safety load.
- Weak Airflow: If you detect cold and hot drafts in your home or pressure imbalances, you may have an HVAC airflow problem. The reason could be leaking ducts, blocked vents, and low refrigerant levels.
- Busted Compressor: AC compressor failure can be caused by dirty coils, changes in refrigerant levels, and a lack of maintenance. The compressor will stop running if there isn’t enough refrigerant.
The team at Affordable Air McCallum LLC has been offering the best AC repair in Pearson, AR and the surrounding areas for more than 46 years. We can provide trustworthy services with new air conditioning installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance at any time. Call us at (501) 206-5732 to make an appointment.